Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Revving up for Saturday!

We've been having the WORST June weather-wise that I can remember!! All it's done is rain, rain, rain every day off I've had for the last two weeks, making it all but impossible to work on the truck! I still have a few items I need to take care of before Friday night:

-Install the new bolts on the front cowling!
-Still need to change BOTH fuel filters!
-Still needs a tank of gas!
-Still needs a full wash, wax, and vacuum!
-Still needs to have the front-mount pump and the generator reinstalled!
-Electronic Federal Siren needs to be remounted in the cab!
-Driver's side red flasher needs to be tightened a little bit, it turns while you drive!

I've still got a lot of crap to do and so little time. Thankfully it's supposed to be nice on Thursday and Friday this week so I should be able to bang out most of this stuff in a few hours. We're going for the wash and wax on Friday, and then we'll put the portable stuff back on.

On a good note, I've had the time to redo the history binder that goes to the parades with the truck for people who are interested to know about Engine 1. So at least that's done. I still have to charge up the video camera and figure out how I'm going to mount that thing on the back deck for the parade.... shouldn't be to hard if I can do it correctly.

On Saturday morning, we should be at Dunkin' Donuts in Freetown road around 8am, then at the parade for 8:30 or so for flag mounting, a quick once over with some towels and cleaner, and judging (not that I expect Engine 1 in it's current state to win anything. Keith Rollins from Deerfield and his 1940's[?] Ford Firetruck usually takes the awards!)

Hope to see everyone at the Raymond 4th of July Parade!

No comments: