Monday, June 15, 2009

Crossing items off my list!

Things to Still Do Before Parade!

  • Oil pan will be dropped this weekend for cleaning, and an oil change will be done (hopefully all the crap in the block has fallen down into the pan!) --DONE

  • AC generator is still down, but will be remounted for parade (requires a new carburetor.)

  • Flasher units for front, rear, and side lights need to be replaced as they don't flash right. They are both turn signal flasher units, so the should be easy and cheap to replace. --DONE

  • Throttle linkage needs slight adjustment. --Checked and found to be ok DONE

  • A few bolts are needed to secure bottom of grill cowling as it vibrates like crazy!

  • New fuel filters (2) need to be installed. (One pre-pump and one pre-carburetor.)

  • Another wash and wax, along with an interior vacuuming.

  • Pacific Pump needs to be remounted on the bumper.


  • On another note, I took apart the remainder of the old engine that's been sitting on my dad's trailer since April. I harvested spare parts out of it (heads, valve train/lifters, timing gears, pulleys, etc.) and took out the crank and camshafts. I'm going to be scrapping the block in a few days as there is no hope for repair, and at least I'll get a little money out of it, unless someone wants it for some reason. If anyone does, let me know it's all yours!

    No comments: