Friday, February 1, 2008

Good News Today!

Well I have good news for everyone! After the engine in the truck went I had it towed home where it has been parked ever since (going on 4 months now!). Of course, I drained the oil/antifreeze from the engine and put new oil in, plus cleared the cylinders of any fluid and oiled them all before storage. My intent was to go out once a week and just turn the engine over to keep it from rusting up or anything. Of course, life happens and I haven't been out to do that since it was parked! I was worried about the engine seizing up on me, but I went out today, uncovered it, and put the battery jumpers on. I think I gave it about 10 minutes, popped in the key, and could ya guess what happened? It turned over (the coil was disconnected so it couldn't fire) a few times until the battery ran out of juice! So the engine didn't seize up over the course of the last four months, which breathes new life into my hope that the truck will run again this year!

Josh

No comments: