Thursday, January 31, 2008

The BC-160 by IHC

The BC-160 was introduced as an offshoot of the "B" line trucks in the late 50's to early 60's. Why you may ask? I have no idea at all. I could only venture to guess that it's got a more powerful engine and other upgrades than the standard "B" line truck. Only International knows why I suppose! Here is the actual spec sheet/sales flyer for the BC-160 series truck (linked to photobucket) front and back respectively:


I love old sales flyers about stuff! You can see how different times were back then. These days power heated seats, automatic door locks and windows, and the super powerful premium sound system are considered standard items. Hell, when this flyer was made they actually advertised that the truck came with a "right door lock", "left-side sun visor", and a "padded coil spring seat"! Real luxury with those items! If you read the back of the spec sheet, it lists things such as a front bumper and a horn as standard stuff!! The funny thing is that those were the "new" thing on cars back then too!

Sadly pictures of the BC-160 seem to be very hard to come by and information regarding them seem to be just as difficult to find. If anyone has more information please let me know I would love to learn more!

Stay tuned! More history comming as I scan in the picures and put things together!
Josh

No comments: